Computerised automated trading begin as early as 1970s where stock market are converting to electronics trading from paper trading and it has growth tremendously. This makes trading effectively and manageable across a global market.
There are few strategies besides executing trades base on human inputs. The more common ones are trend following, hedging, channel trading, scalping, martingale, support and resistance trading.
Trend following – These are commonly used with averaging volume indicator like simple moving average, relative strength index and a combination of moving average using different timeframe or various average length. Common used are 9, 18 and 40 simple moving average, 20 and 80 relative strength index, etc
Hedging – This strategy is similar to hedge fund where trades are buy and sell to counter value the loss and profit. Common hedging are United State Dollar with Great Britain Pound, United State Dollar with Canadian Dollar, Swiss Franc with Australian Dollar, Euro with United States Dollar.
Channel trading – This trading watches the hourly or daily high and low and execute trades when reaches the low and high range. It will look like a bouncing ball where the price will go up and down bouncing like a ball.
Scalping strategy – This is more commonly used in Forex trading where small amount of profits or PIPS are taken from every trades and cumulative profit from many of these small trades. The risk is high but volume of trades will compensate its loss.
Martingale – This originates from mathematics arithmetic calculation where the lots quantity will increase with increasing losses. This is a sure win strategy in theory but in practical it is very difficult to achieve due to large capital that is required to maintain the margin.
Support and resistance trading – This is the fundament used in trading as it is believe trading price and traders will see support level and resistance level through out the whole duration of trading. The support and resistance can be divergence or convergence, thus makes many combination of support and resistance that can be obtained when looking at multiple timeframe.
MT4 and Tradestation are 2 main trading software widely used for Forex automated trading. Forex trading involved risk and you are to fully understand them before trading any of the commercial products.
Profiting with Forex introduces investors to all the advantages of the global foreign exchange market and shows them how to capitalize on it. Readers will learn why forex is the perfect supplement to stock and bond investing; why it is unrivaled in terms of protection, profit potential, and ease of use; and how it can generate profits, whether the other markets are up of down.
Written by two leading forex experts, this complete investing resource uses basic economic principles, solid technical analysis, and lots of common sense to develop an arsenal of tools and techniques that will lead to winning results in the lucrative foreign exchange marketplace. Profiting with Forex includes everything that investors need to know about:
- The many advantages of the forex market: huge market size, ease of entry, profit potential, tax incentives, 24-hour trading, no commissions, increased leverage, and guaranteed stops
- The basic terms of forex trading: definitions of important concepts, including "pip," "currency pair," "contract" or "lot," and more
- Genesis and growth of the forex market: how the forex market emerged out of a changing global financial landscape and continues to changes and adapt with that same volatile landscape
- Fundamental factors that shape the Forex market: the U.S. government, inflation, the U.S. stock market, China and other emerging markets, oil, and breaking news
- Fundamental tools for tracking Forex market changes: interest rates, Treasury International Capital Data, Consumer Price Index, S&P 500, U.S. dollar vs. Chinese yuan, balance of trade, crude oil futures, and news media
- Technical analysis tools and indicators for gauging market sentiment: moving averages, oscillating indicators such as, stochastics, Commodity Channel Index, Relative Strength Index, Fibonacci analysis, and others
Profiting With Forex: The Most Effective Tools and Techniques for Trading Currencies Click here to read amazon customer reviews and rating